C5 Corvette RKSport Ram Air Fiberglass Hood
1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
This part is a new, aftermarket C5 RKSport Ram Air Fiberglass Hood which can be installed on any of the following Corvette models:
Body & Trim
50th Anniversary Edition, 50th Anniversary Edition Pace Car, Base, Z06
Base, Indianapolis 500 Pace Car
When ordering this part, there will be a 4 to 7 day lead time.
This C5 RKSport Ram Air Fiberglass Hood has the original C5 Corvette hood look with the addition of a raised center section and a 2″ kick at the end.
- Functional Ram Air/Cool Air Scoop
- Hand Laid, High-Temp Fiberglass
- Gel-Coated in Gray, Ready for Prep and Paint
- Installs with the Hardware from the Stock Hood
- Made in the USA
- Prior to removing your stock hood, check the alignment of all gaps and surface matches to the fenders, front fascia and head lamp covers.
- Disconnect the trouble light at the connector located at right front side of the hood.
- Remove the clamps on the hood support shocks with a flat screwdriver.
- Remove the (4x) nuts which attach the hood hinges to frame of the car.
- Next, remove the hood from the vehicle and place it on a protected area with the underside facing up so you can remove all the hardware.
- Prior to installing any hardware on the new hood, place the new hood into position on the car to make sure all alignments are correct. You may need to support the hood from underneath.
- Remove all the hardware from the stock hood. (For adjustment purposes we suggest further elongating the rear hinge attachment hole [the hole that is already elongated and attaches to the hood, not the frame] so that the hinge can be adjusted closer to the top of the hood once installed.)
- Attach the hinges, light, inner pad, and support brackets only. Do not install the latches until you have done the final adjustments.
- Place the hood on the Corvette and make your adjustments.
- Finally, place the latching hardware on the hood and adjust the latches which are attached to the quarter panels (3 bolts) for proper alignment and closing height.
There are no reviews yet.